What type of Inspections do you have done standard?

Most Popular Reply

Dylan VargasPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Chico, CA · Member since 2016 · 625 posts · 336 votes
7y

@Andrew Smith Welcome! Pest inspection for sure. Septic and well if applicable. Whole house sometimes. Electrician if needed and same with plumber. 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Hi. I typically get the home inspection and wood destroying inspection test (termites). 

    Of course, different areas = different inspections. Since roots are a bigger issue in California I did have a sewer camera inspection (clay pipes). 

  • Member since 2018 · 38 posts · 71 votes
    7y

    Ever get mold inspection?

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Andrew Smith Nah. My inspector looks for all signs of water damage. Now... if I was considering buying a place that smelled dank that would be a different story. 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    7y

    I dont get inspections, but Ive been on hundreds of them, so I really dont need them to know what Im looking at.

  • Lien VuongBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boston, MA · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Home inspection is fundamental of the health check of your home but I rarely do one myself. 

  • Dylan VargasPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Chico, CA · Member since 2016 · 625 posts · 336 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Smith Welcome! Pest inspection for sure. Septic and well if applicable. Whole house sometimes. Electrician if needed and same with plumber. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Washington DC · Member since 2016 · 847 posts · 656 votes
    7y

    It depends on your end goal if it’s a gut job probably no inspection except maybe terminate’s I got burned on that once. If it’s a house to live in/rent or something your buying expecting to be in good shape than I would say do it.

  • Specialist · Easton, PA · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    @Andrew Smith

    No inspections here either.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.