Fourplex with Vacant Lot Next Door

Fourplex with Vacant Lot Next Door

Developer · Hermitage, PA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes

Hi,

I'm purchasing a fourplex that includes the adjacent vacant lot (2 separate addresses).  It cash-flows OK and is in great shape.Market rents are about currently $600/month without a garage.  What should I use this lot for, or build on it in order to maximize my cash flow on this property?  I thought about building a 4-car garage; even putting one or two apartments above it.  What do you all think?  

Thank you!
Jeanne

0Reply
17 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeanne Hink if the numbers make sense to build do that, I'd go with another 4-plex if possible with parking underneath if the rents justify the additional costs and just leave the current units without parking.

  • Developer · Hermitage, PA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I think the cost of building another 4-plex outweighs the income potential in this location.  I'm not in an area where things appreciate much.  That's why I thought garages...they would be inexpensive to build.  But thank you for your input

  • Specialist · Riverside, CA · Member since 2015 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7y

    @Jeanne Hink if that is the case I probably would just hold off on building for now or maybe put a gravel or paved parking area in the second lot if there is no off street parking currently.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.