Property in Parkland-Tacoma, Washington area

Property in Parkland-Tacoma, Washington area

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi all, 

Posing this question to the BiggerPockets universe! Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on properties in the Parkland area near Tacoma, Washington? Is this a good area to invest in a multi-unit property? Does anyone have properties in this area and have any insights? Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! 

1Reply
28 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 427 votes
    7y

    It has gone up in value a lot over the past few years.  The answer to your question depends on your investment goals.  What are your goals for purchasing this property?

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hi Adrian, 

    Thanks for your response. I'm looking mainly for investment purposes and to rent this property out and have it provide cash flow in the next few years. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2016 · 545 posts · 252 votes
    7y

    Parkland is hit and miss. Some neighborhoods are "cute" some are dumpy. I would tell you there is a lot of opportunity out in that market, but as Adrian said, it depends on your goals. A lot of people do really well in Spanaway in terms of cash flow but they seem to have a higher tolerance to C- tenant types. That's not to say that the only type of asset in those markets, but if you are going to by B class or higher property I would suggest looking in the North End of Tacoma, University Place or even large chunks of Lakewood are nice as well. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2018 · 244 posts · 140 votes
    7y

    @Vishal Persaud

    I would agree with @Jameson Sullivan. I personally feel that  Parkland/Spanaway area is mostly a miss and I steer clear of the area however that area doesn’t really align with my goals Either. As @Jameson Sullivan stated this is one spot in the Tacoma area that may actually Cash flow fairly well. On the flip side you will be dealing with C/C- properties in most of the parkland/Spanaway area. As the previous two post mentioned, I would consider what your goals are and then decide if that area fits. 

  • Aaron NelsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2016 · 307 posts · 191 votes
    7y

    @Vishal Persaud - My wife and I own a duplex in Parkland that has done well for us. We’ve had the same tenants in one of the units ever since we purchased (even after raising rents to market) and have typically filled the other unit within 30 days of marketing it. Like many cities there are more desirable areas/neighborhoods than others. This is why it really helps to work with someone who is knowledgeable about the area. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.