Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Samuel J Meyer
Votes |
Best way to begin investing for a frugal dentist?

Samuel J Meyer
Posted Sep 28 2019, 11:58

Hey all, I was hoping to seek some wisdom from the fine people here and would appreciate some input. I wanted to live frugally and aggressively invest in apartment complexes using income from my practice to finance the down payments. I could save about 100k per year and was wanting to buy a few smaller duplexes and quadplexes to better understand the inner workings of investing in real estate before buying an apartment complex for 1.5 to 2 million with a 300 to 400k downpayment. My game plan is to aggressively keep buying complexes by reinvesting the passive income to rapidly build my portfolio while living frugally.

Questions:

-I suspect their may be a bottleneck in that I will be unable to keep getting mortgages for these complexes, and I was wondering if that might be a way around that. What other bottlenecks might pop up and when might I encounter them?

-Say you were a professional who wanted to live frugally and humbly and grow their wealth as fast as possible. You also wanted to minimize the interaction you had with the investment and not do the management yourself. What strategy would you use?

Thanks for the feedback!

Loading replies...