Votes |
State of the Real Estate Market 2019-2020

Aseel Yerunkar
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • CA
Posted Oct 22 2019, 16:31

Hi All,

So I had an idea to start an opinionated discussion of the state of the market as it stands today backed up with some facts that could help people who are starting out as well as help current investors gain a new perspective. The rising tides that were seen during the mid 2010s are long gone and we are nearing the peak of the economic cycle according to many economists. Prices are high and inflated (to a certain degree) in markets that were once recently seen as up-and coming territories. But seeing as we are a community of creative investors our mentality always searches for opportunity where no one else can usually see it. Deals are still out there to be found with the right kind of perspective and strategy. 

So, I wanted to know as it stands today, where are you having success with real estate investing? Where are you anticipating future potential to be in? And why? What strategy are you using to tackle the current market?

Currently, I have chosen Indianapolis as my home base. Price to rent ratios are still favorable, although a lot of "hype" neighborhoods have already gentrified there are still neighborhoods in the midst of a turn. The economy is diverse and composed of many different job sectors making it to a certain degree more "recession proof" than other markets. Commercial development is still on the rise and the city is making a real effort to provide better opportunities to its people through various projects and programs.

Loading replies...