Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Hayes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lighthouse Point, FL
Votes |
Anyone Ever Use the Realtor/Lender that Realtor.com provides?

Brandon Hayes
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lighthouse Point, FL
Posted Nov 11 2019, 09:40

Had a few questions on a property I found on Realtor.com. I clicked the “message seller” button and typed a quick message that I was interested in the property but had some questions. The moment I hit the send button, my phone rang, and a lady stated she was from Realtor.com and got my enquiry about the property. She started asking me a bunch of personal info and said she would then pair me with an agent of their choosing, and if I had an agent of my own I’d just have to leave them behind on the deal. And then afterwards, would transfer me to a lender of their choosing to discuss loan options and more specifics...

I was only asking to see if the property was still on the market, because it wasn't listed for sale on Zillow or other MLS sites, and Realtor.com had it listed as "on the market" for over a year.

I actually hung up before they got any personal info from me, but they call every 2hrs or so, so I blocked the number.

I have a few realtors in my network that are in the top 1% and have lots of referrals for me to use for other areas, but it got me thinking and now I’m curious, has anyone ever gone this route and closed on a deal? If so, how did things work out?

Loading replies...