• Flipper
  • Hamden, CT
Votes |
Is this purchase worth it?

Bob O'Neill
  • Flipper
  • Hamden, CT
Posted Nov 12 2019, 07:33

I have a property I have an interest in which is a single family home to be used as a college rental, but not sure if the numbers work.

They are Asking 179900

2 bed 2 full bath (trying to get it back to three bedroom)

1694 sq ft

House needs support beam replaced or at least jacked up and supported better. Can feel uneven floor in kitchen area.

House is a Cape that was changed over the years. Entry into second floor has low overhead and a poor layout. They added a nice master bedroom but "killed" one bedroom to do it. You need to walk through, what once was a bedroom, to get to master bedroom hallway. The second floor has poor layout and a low pitched room which takes a lot of space from existing bedroom

I want to remove and raise the roof to give a normal height ceiling. Redo the layout of second floor to get back the lost bedroom.

The house has a septic system but upon examination it is pretty much at the end of life.

The construction cost I have an estimate of 25,000 plus another 10000-12000 for new septic system.

Then there will be siding costs..unknown at his time.

City appraisal from tax Department is 159500

Assessed at 111650

The question I have is how to work the numbers to make an offer to make it worth while.

Any advice or help will be appreciated.

Thank You

Loading replies...