• NC
Votes |
First Rehab In Progress!

David C.
  • Accountant
  • NC
Posted Nov 12 2019, 14:51
Welcome BP!

For the past few years, I haven't done much with real estate, except gain more knowledge. I have been learning real estate for about 10 years now. Prior to the rehab property this post covers, I owned 1 rental unit purchased in 2011 (my first home at 23), and my current personal residence.

A few months ago, I had a conversation with a friend who also invest in real estate & we decided we would do well to partner together. He recently partner with someone to acquire multiple units & we both thought we could do it as well.

Well just a few weeks ago, we did it! We purchased our first property together, a single family home.

We are in our 3rd week of the rehab (I'm late getting this posted) and all of the surprises are behind us.

The house is 3 bedroom 1 bath, 1,065 sq ft. We added a .5 bath to make it 3/1.5. The picture below is the before. I will update with more pictures of the remodel soon & the finished product in about 2 weeks.

The house is getting a new roof, HVAC system, paint, flooring, refinish hardwoods, landscaping, & exterior repair.

We plan to rent the home, but are open to selling it as well.

This is a leap of faith for us both as it's the biggest rehab for either of us.

Post your questions or comments!

Stay tuned. 

Loading replies...