Anyone out there with a large portfolio?

3 Replies

Create post

I posted a few days about an owner I ran across in Houston, wondering how he got so big.  I was hoping to find some people on BP that have grown their own portfolios.  I realize not everyone will see or read every post but I was a bit bummed out to see that there were no replies from investors.

The more I look at posts/replies the more it seems there are mostly people looking to start and very few that have "made it".   Am I way off?  Wrong area of the site?

Nobody likes to consider themselves "large investors" and that means different things to different people.  Also people generally don't like broadcasting how many units they have on a public forum, especially if they use their full name.  There are a lot of newbies here, but I'd say most of the people who stick around have at least started the journey with real property.

@John L. Of course, that is what you would expect to be the case. The average person does not succeed to a level well above average. Real estate is one of the best ways to succeed financially but that doesn't mean everyone who participates in real estate investing is going to be successful.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here