Clarksville Tennessee Investors

Most Popular Reply

Realtor · Hendersonville, TN · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 11 votes
6y

Right here! I currently have 6 doors in Clarksville and live about an hour away. I am there a few times a week. Reach out if you'd like and we can chat.  

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Camas, WA · Member since 2014 · 95 posts · 91 votes
    6y

    @Mike Flora I'm based in Hawaii but invest in Clarksville. What sort of information are you looking for? If it's easier, DM me and we'll get a conversation going.

  • Tony HightowerPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, Tenn · Member since 2017 · 72 posts · 34 votes
    6y

    @Mike Flora

    What kind of information do you need?

  • Investor · Menifee, CA · Member since 2015 · 534 posts · 216 votes
    6y

    @Tony Hightower just sent you a message

  • Clarksville, TN · Member since 2017 · 32 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    I live, work, and invest heavily in Clarksville.  If I can help, let me know.  

  • Realtor · Hendersonville, TN · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    Right here! I currently have 6 doors in Clarksville and live about an hour away. I am there a few times a week. Reach out if you'd like and we can chat.  

  • Rehabber · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2015 · 74 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    You should come to our monthly Clarksville REIA subgroup.

  • New to Real Estate · Nashville, TN · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Carly Radzimanowski

    Are you still buying in Clarksville? My wife and I just moved to Nashville, and were looking to buy our first rental property this year and were considering Clarksville.

    How has the market been recently? Any insights you could share would be great.

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Clarksville real estate has been fairly strong recently. Houses have good appreciation and rents are good as well. Flips and BRRRR's probably aren't as plentiful as one would believe though. The safest area to invest long term I would say is Sango area (37043) You'll get stronger rents and longer staying tenants along with a little better appreciation in that area. Exit 1 or St. B area (37040) is solid as well. Home prices are a tad lower yet rents are still good. Tenants will be a mix of military and locals, so you may have a military tenant PCS during their tenancy. 37042 has some investable parts in the Woodlawn area. I wish you the best. Nashville is an awesome city.

  • New to Real Estate · Nashville, TN · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Thanks @Account Closed - I really appreciate the insight into the Clarksville market. I will be sure to check out the areas you mentioned.

  • Realtor · Hendersonville, TN · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Chris Barrett Welcome to Nashville! Yes, I am still buying in Clarksville. Just last week I had a new tenant sign a lease on one of my units. Things are, of course, slower due to the virus but still moving. Feel free to reach out to me if you want to visit Clarksville and check out my properties. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Mike Flora

    Present. I have SFH's in Clarksville and Oak Grove. What do you want to know?

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 47 votes
    6y

    @Carly Radzimanowski you are up to 6 now? Good times. It’s been a bit. I’ve got 4 there now and just started house hacking my primary residence in south Nashville. Looking for more deals out in Clarksville now. Especially with the event center approval. I could use a local bank lender referral if you know any.

  • Rental Property Investor · Nashville, TN · Member since 2017 · 59 posts · 47 votes
    6y

    @Chris Barrett the fear of turnover is pretty big especially when you know there’s nothing you can do about it with title 50 and SCRA Protections. A ray of light though on that.... I had a tenant get PCS orders in December and within 6 days after they left, the next tenants moved in. That’s in the slow season too. I believe in Clarksville.

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2019 · 167 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    I have been getting more rental and flip opportunities in the Clarksville area and looking to connect with others!  

  • Realtor · Hendersonville, TN · Member since 2017 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Brett Sayers I still have one side of a duplex under construction, but the other 5 doors are renovated and rented! House hacking is so smart; good work! I'm still loving Clarksville. It has seen tons of progress with lot of potential left! I'll message you my lender for my Clarksville projects. She is also a big believer in that area. 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2017 · 132 posts · 56 votes
    6y
    I am an OOS investor and looking to expand into Clarksville. I am very early in the my research on the market and economics on local real investments. Obviously, Clarksville has gotten more expense over the past couple years. Is it still possible for find cash flowing properties in the B-/C+ range? Where would some of these areas be?
  • Investor · Member since 2020 · 29 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Hi Mike! I have invested in the Clarksville area and would love to help!

  • Sammamish, WA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    Hi - are you seeing an increase in vacancies in Clarksville? 

  • Investor · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2018 · 297 posts · 159 votes
    5y

    Hey everyone, I am looking at a multifamily property in Clarksville. Does anybody have a property manager recommendation?

    Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Orange County, CA · Member since 2020 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Adam Lacey

    I’m using Marshall Reddick and have had a good experience so far.

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Timothy Young:

    @Adam Lacey

    I’m using Marshall Reddick and have had a good experience so far.

     I couldn't get past acquisitions with them. How long have you been with them in Clarksville?

  • Investor · Castle Rock, CO · Member since 2018 · 297 posts · 159 votes
    5y

    Thank you @Timothy Young.

  • Investor · CT · Member since 2019 · 71 posts · 29 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Todd Rasmussen:
    Originally posted by @Timothy Young:

    @Adam Lacey

    I’m using Marshall Reddick and have had a good experience so far.

     I couldn't get past acquisitions with them. How long have you been with them in Clarksville?

    I have a home under contract now and planned to use Marshall Reddick.  What issues did you face with them? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kathryn Schauer:
    Originally posted by @Todd Rasmussen:
    Originally posted by @Timothy Young:

    @Adam Lacey

    I’m using Marshall Reddick and have had a good experience so far.

     I couldn't get past acquisitions with them. How long have you been with them in Clarksville?

    I have a home under contract now and planned to use Marshall Reddick.  What issues did you face with them? 

    Full disclosure: We aren't turnkey investors so we aren't in their sweet spot....

    but we didn't get phone calls returned in time to place bids on a couple VA auctions. Their response to one time we reached out about a property we wanted to consider was, "Don't you trust me to find a property for you?" It felt like they were only interested in funneling turn key properties to their clients that couldn't or wouldn't do any rehab. Last straw was their broker saw one of our offers, liked the property, bid against us, and bought it out from under us with a cash offer. That was before they opened their office in town, so they might have their own brokerage now and that last complaint wouldn't have to be a consideration for you anymore.

    I think they are the fit for someone who can't do it themselves due to opportunity cost, knowledge, or time constraints. But if you can do it yourself there's no reason not to. For instance one of their available properties is currently listed for 115 and collects $995 in rent. I just bought a property 3 miles away from it for 78 and put 10 into it and it will rent for the same. Nationwide companies carry a lot of overhead and there's no reason to pay for that 30% added cost unless you have to.

  • Investor · CT · Member since 2019 · 71 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Thanks @Todd Rasmussen for sharing your experience.  I am not planning on using them to acquire the property but for the ongoing property management.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.