• Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
Pocket Listings to be banned by National Association of Realtors

Jonathan R.
  • Investor
  • Wichita, KS
Posted Nov 26 2019, 07:57

If someone can post a recent article in the news that would be great, apparently the National Association of Realtors is banning pocket listings by May, 2020; some areas this ban already applies.

Personally, I think it’s lame. Real estate is a relationship business. I think it discourages networking and enjoying the company of others in the business. If every single listing were available online, what would be the point of all these investor meetups, other than for expanded learning, which apparently you can get online now too. Don’t like the decision, realtors with pocket listings were cool. Not all realtors should deal with investors. National Association is Realtors should stay in its lane and let the off market exist. Not to mention, not all people are investors. I care about the areas I do business and would not sell some properties that need a good rehab to just anyone, regardless of price. So guess what, the realtor’s client would not have been able to buy it anyway-#leave the off market alone.

Thoughts?

Loading replies...