Text Blasts as Lead Generator

30 Replies

@Connor Stark

I won’t argue for or against the strategy as that’s already been debated. However, I will answer your question regarding who is good service provider should you choose to go that route.

Touchpointspro.com has an awesome service! I used to utilize them in my former job. I’m also very familiar with building marketing campaigns within the platform itself. If you’d like I could get you in touch with my former account rep. and whenever you’re finally setup I could even give you advice on how to build out your campaigns in the platform. After using “text blast” campaigns for nearly 2 years I’ve learned that there is a lot of nuance to being successful.

I can’t promise it’ll be effective for your application in real estate, but I can tell you it is by far one of the lowest cost per impression marketing tactics I’ve used before. The key is really having access to good data sets. Let me know if you’d like to discuss further.

Originally posted by @Nick C. :

These responses are so confusing. Is this still a real estate investing website? 

@David Abbate - are you paying market value, fixing the property up, then selling at a loss? That's admirable if so, but I think most of us have to make money to stay in business, as evil as that may sound. 

I have no dog in this fight as far as texting goes, just surprised at all the soap box preaching.

No I am obviously not paying full market value, fixing the property up, then selling at a loss. 

I also don't expect that a seller I cold call is supposed to sell his property to me, or anyone else, below market value, because we as investors want to make money.

You do have to make money in the business you chose to stay in it, but that's not the seller problem, nor does he owe you anything.

I'm wondering how many of you check the national DNC list every 31 days as required by law if you're telemarketing.

The FTC will gather complaints about an organization violating the do not call rules. The fine is up to $40,000 per number contacted, texts included, on the DNC list.  

If I get a cold call about a property I own I'm filling out a complaint form with the FTC and there are many people out there that will as well.  You should be checking any lists you get against the DNC list and making sure there's something the consumer did to consent, and that it's not expired. A prior business relationship allows you to contact for 18 months, an internet form only 3. Check the age of any list you receive.

I think you're much less likely to receive a complaint about a text because it's easy to ignore but the rules still apply and you're creating exposure for yourself.

Updated 7 days ago

I should add that there is debate about whether or not investors calling to buy a property qualify as "selling services" but it's an area where interpretation is ongoing and it's exposure I personally wouldn't want to take on

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here