Advice for next steps after 4 years as an agent?

1 Reply

Hi BP, what would you recommend in my scenario: got my license in 2015 and am continuing to sell some real estate in DC area. I intend to get out of it as quick as I can - would like to stick to more of the investing side and get out of the hamster wheel of constantly selling (have done a couple wholesales and a flip). Reaching financial independence in next 5 years is the main goal. Have thought about buying SF's or small 1-4 MF for cashflow. Have also talked to a friend about starting a syndication business since he used to work in that space. Guidance? Suggestions? Advice? I'm all ears.

Hi @Tim Henderson .  You are in the right place to learn what you need to know and find partner.  

I have been in all types of REI and worked as a RE Broker for decades. I tell people often that if I would have known over the years what I know now, I would have jumped straight into commercial REI, and I would have gotten into syndication as soon as I could.

There are a lot of entry points if that is what you would like to do. You may want to consider an unpaid mentor or a paid coach. I was coached years ago through a pricey program in Richmond, VA and it has paid off tremendously.