Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes

Didn’t negotiate the price of a home.

Posted Dec 12 2019, 01:18

I'm in the process of buying a home (house hacking SFR).I made an offer contingent on walkthrough and inspection, the seller was out of town so I made the offer with the goal of seeing the house when the seller gets back.

I offered the full price and seller is paying realtor fees.

I got a chance to see the house and it’s a house that I’m interested in but I feel like it’s worth less than what I offered by at least $5-$10k.

I had been searching for a while and didn’t want to miss out on that one so I offered full price which looking back I don’t think it was smart to do.

Can I make another offer after walking through with a reduced price? my realtor don’t think it’s a good idea since we already offered full price and tbh he’s all about making his money so I don’t really take a lot of what he says into consideration.

Or should I wait till appraisal comes back and decide the actual value of the home.

Can lenders potentially rig appraisals to get u to buy a home even though appraisals are done by third party organizations?

It needs some paint work can I offer reduced price based on that? Or should I wait till appraisal gets back?

Thanks for taking your time to answer my question.

Loading replies...