Getting financed on 2nd property

2 Replies

I currently have owned my first duplex for 1 year 1 month on an FHA loan and am getting married in April. My second one will be purchased by myself and my fiancee and I'm running into being unable to finance the next one with a 5% down or lower because my bank is telling me that it doesn't fall under the correct guidelines because it is a duplex. How can I help her buy this since i already have an FHA and have about 5% for our next investment?

Find a different bank. Bank loan officers will sometimes tell you anything if they just don't want your business. And don't mistake the fact that you've bought one house with them as a long-term relationship. Lenders give of their own volition, according to where they are on a number of fronts, and you may or may not fit the profile at that time. 

That's kind of what I'm getting from her, she fought me every step of the way the last time around after telling her my first property was a duplex. Do all banks use both Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae? I saw the max LTV on a Freddie Mac NO CASH-OUT" REFINANCE MORTGAGES currently owned or securitized by Freddie Mac was 95% and she didn't want to work with me on that. My last ditch effort will me an FHA with soley my fiancee on the note.