• Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Impact of Silver Tsunami

Pete Abilla
  • Investor
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Jan 21 2020, 13:07

I just read this article and wanted to know everybody's thoughts. The article basically says that baby boomers will be releasing their owner-occupied homes into the market, dramatically impacting supply. I think that's what the article is saying. But I have a question. The article makes this interesting observation, but I don't quite understand it. 

Places likely to be most impacted by this upcoming Silver Tsunami include both retirement hubs (Miami, Orlando, Tampa and Tucson) and regions where young residents have left (Cleveland, Dayton, Knoxville and Pittsburgh). The impact of the Silver Tsunami is also likely to vary greatly across different areas within metros. 

Regions including Cleveland, Dayton, Knoxville and Pittsburgh are also more likely to see bigger effects from the Silver Tsunami. Younger residents have tended to leave these areas in recent decades, in many cases pursuing better job opportunities elsewhere, leaving older generations to make up a larger share of those who remain.

1) What exactly is the author saying about those metros?
2) What will be the impact to investors in those metros mentioned above?

https://www.zillow.com/research/silver-tsunami-inventory-boomers-24933/

Loading replies...