Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Jason Krivickas
Votes |
Seeking Clarification of the "B" Process in BRRRR

Jason Krivickas
Posted Feb 22 2020, 11:19

Hi All. First off, please pardon my naivety, as I am a complete newbie. Though I've listened to and read several examples of those successfully implementing the BRRRR strategy, there is a key component that I still can't seem to get complete clarity on.

Specifically- as I'm looking to purchase my first investment property in my area, I'm estimating that I will probably be looking at a purchase price of somewhere between $125-175k.  Given that I only have $30-40k in cash, I clearly am not able to purchase the property in cash on my own.  So here's my question(s).  Is my best strategy:  

A) Find an investor or HML to help me in the initial purchase of the property so that I can buy in cash?

B) Get a loan from a bank and simply put down 20%, and find another $5-10k for rehab? 

C) Accumulate more cash and possibly find a lower-priced property I'm able to purchase outright on my own

To me, it seems getting an initial loan from the bank goes against what can make the BRRRR strategy successful, but I'm not sure if I'm missing the concept?

Thanks in advance!

Loading replies...