Has anyone had any success or warnings on tax deed sales?

3 Replies

I good friend of mine accidentally bought a vacant lot, when he thought he was bidding on the house next to it. He is a very bright (Ivy league grad) and really thought he did his due diligence regarding title and took a trip out to look at the property, but still made the mistake. I've heard more stories like this than ones where someone really made a killing.

Originally posted by @Joseph Cacciapaglia :

I good friend of mine accidentally bought a vacant lot, when he thought he was bidding on the house next to it. He is a very bright (Ivy league grad) and really thought he did his due diligence regarding title and took a trip out to look at the property, but still made the mistake. I've heard more stories like this than ones where someone really made a killing.

VERY VERY common in the tax deed game.. if your not  really good with maps and such.. unless of course its a subdivision with address's people buy little strips of land all the time.

@Leah YP Jackson , I have known some people who had good luck with buying tax deed properties and selling them on eBay. You do need to be careful to not overpay for a property.