Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Steven Johnson
  • Baytown, TX
Votes |
Market Crash Or Just Hysterical Paranoia?

Steven Johnson
  • Baytown, TX
Posted Jul 8 2020, 08:46

Hello everyone, 

First and foremost I have to say that I am not an experienced investor but i'm also not an idiot, I understand numbers ( at an intermediate level ) as it pertains to real estate and cash flow which is exactly why, now that I have a decent amount of cash to invest with, I'm eager to get in the game in order to start learning and build up my portfolio. Due to the recent events with covid I've noticed a good amount of homes pop up for sale at lower prices than normal (Houston), I'm eager to take advantage of some of the deals but before I jump the gun I would like to hear some feed back / advice on what i should be weary of considering this overall economic down turn ( lot of unemployment happening in the oil industry down here) . I'm not going to let this stop me from getting in the game but i do want to have a strategy in place should whatever property I purchase start to go down in value. As of now I do plan to live in this home for at least two years with my ideal entry strategy being to find a property that I can appply FHA 203k then cashout refi using those funds to purchase my next property (this is probably already a very typical strategy) .. Can this be done with multifamily? Thanks..

Loading replies...