Pro Member
  • Port Richey, FL
Votes |
Help with buying a triplex please

Zac Boelkow
Pro Member
  • Port Richey, FL
Posted Jul 15 2020, 12:01

I recently found a property on mls. The property is a single family home (3b 1.5b) no garage. In 1998 a duplex was added to the lot (1/2 acre lot). The duplex has two units that are 1000 sqft 2/2's. There is a garage attached to the duplex and fenced off as it appears that the owner is using it to store stuff, possibly a boat, etc. Asking price is 475k. I asked my realtor to contact the listing agent and get information for us. I wanted to find out if they would carry financing, how below market rents are, how willing they are to help me walk through this deal, etc... The listing agent only told my realtor "yes the property is for sale. They do not want to carry financing".  :/ I did look up the owner name and it is held in an "inc" and looks like the only property they own based on researching their name on the property appraiser site. 

My realtor gave me the listing agent name and number. I am calling him this evening. I know the importance of gathering information while in the process of making an offer and buying the property. I would prefer not to just make an offer without more info. What are some ideas to break through with the listing agent? I have a lot of great questions I would ask the owner but idt the agent really cares...

The property is in an extremely sought after area and the property and grounds look pristine. Asking price seems a tad high but not overly high as I see all the time when multifamiles are being listed.

Thanks everyone!!

Loading replies...