How do I setup an Owner financing if I still owe on mortgage?

How do I setup an Owner financing if I still owe on mortgage?

Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes

I have 11 years and 7 months of paying my mortgage till I am done. I pay $450. I was thinking I could rent to own/ owner finance the property for 12 yrs with tenant which is my mom's cousin pay me $650. And at the end of the agreement sign the deed over to them. They would be responsible for all maintenance and up keep. I would be out of the picture minus making the mortgage payment. Is this doable and legal. Is it worth doing?

0Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    @Luis Lopez

    You could do what’s called a subject to where you sel the house subject to your existing mortgage

    Another thing you could do is a land contract where you stay on title until they pay you off. Just check state laws to make sure you are allowed to have a mortgage on a property with a land contract

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Chris Seveney Thank you. Subject to sounds familiar. I'll look into it more. Much appreciated

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.