Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
Maya Gorski
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
Am I impatient? Or, suggestions on how to work with agents?

Maya Gorski
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Posted Nov 21 2020, 13:26

I'm starting my search back up for buy and hold out of state rental properties. My goal is to have multiple.

It seems that I'll come across a property I'm interested in and I'll make contact with an agent (found through either Bigger Pockets, Zillow, Google reviews, etc.--there are a couple of cities I'm focusing in on). I'll reach out to them and we'll discuss. I'll mention the property and then I feel like it doesn't go anywhere--days stretch out and either I don't get concrete information about the property, their voicemail box is full, or I just don't hear back. And then I see the property status goes to "pending"...

I'm trying to build relationships out of state so I try to be loyal but, at what point, do you just move on? What is a normal cutoff time before going elsewhere? 24 hours? 48 hours? Days? Do I need to be more patient or work on presenting myself as more serious?

My finances are in order so we're good there. I know there's competition and I have a lower price point (ex: $60k-150k, depending on the type of property) but I've let the agent know that, if they have a transaction minimum, I'd make up the difference on their commission. I have also asked about a couple of for-sale-by-owner properties, and for these I've informed the agent that I'd pay their commission.

Any tips??

Loading replies...