Hi all -- I'm working a deal right now with a motivated seller. We have great rapport, and he is definitely planning to sell within the year. He has made it clear that it's important that he has another home lined up before selling his current property.

I have two main questions. It's March and he likely doesn't want to move until November. Does it make sense to wait until talking numbers? Does anyone ever do a contract that's 6+ months out? Also -- what are thoughts on building in a contingency to find another home before we close?


Thanks in advance!


James