1031 and buying property for small business
Hi all,
Long time lurker and first time poster. If this isn't the right place, feel free to move it.
I purchased a rental property many years ago and have been filing taxes under my personal income since I never put it into a LLC. I also have a small business that I run, which is a single member LLC. I'm considering selling my rental property to buy property for my small business to operate out of and utilize a 1031. I have a few questions:
First question, is this allowed?
Second question, if I do this, should I form a LLC for the new property to rent to my business or can I just use the property for my business as is?
Third question, if I don't form a LLC, tax filing wise, would I include the write offs for the property under my individual income, or as part of my small business?
sorry if this has been answered before. I've been searching for a while and couldn't find anything.