There were a lot of wildfires last fall in Oregon, and in recent years in a lot of places. What are pros/cons and things to be aware of when considering buying a fire-destroyed lot and building a new spec home on it?
I don't know anything about it (yet) but here are some possible things i thought of...
- Already graded, utilities, etc.
- may be closer-in to city than other available lots
- Cleanup, haul off old foundations, etc
- Maybe toxic - require special remediation or something?
- Lingering issues result in lower resellability?
- May not be desirable if other burnt sites surrounding