Buying in greater AZ area

8 Replies

Originally posted by @Stetson Giralmo :

Hello All! Currently looking for Realtors and Lenders in the AZ area. Looking to do out of state renting, thank you so much for your time everyone!

I'm not a realtor or a lender but I know a thing or two about real estate, specifically in AZ. What keeps you from getting started? 

@Mike BaxterThanks for chatting Mike! Im a new real estate investor looking to invest out of state. My biggest obstacle I believe is my lack of connections in the area and knowledge. Appreciate your time greatly

Well, let's start with this:

Are you looking for cash flow or for equity growth?

Do you want to get involved in buy & hold (rentals), fix & flips, apartments, commercial, land, storage units, new builds, REITs, retirement facilities, small multifamily, AirBnb, mining, vacation properties, hotels  or retail?

What's more important to you 

1. Long term growth 

2. Living off the income 

3. Reducing tax liability

@Mike Baxter Thanks Mike, My Specifics are Small Multifamily rentals for cashflow. Thats where id like to start and eventually move onto more and more possible apartments. Taxes and equity are those cherries on top

Small multis are highly competitive in Arizona right now. You might try Indiana, Tennessee, Ohio.

For AZ, if you want cash flow you go with off market single family.

@Mike Baxter Thats what I feared currently. The other markets have been on my radar, but yet to talk with experienced Investors that are in those areas. Do you have any experience in those particular markets? If not where so?

Thanks Mike,

-Stetson Giralmo

@Mike Baxter Thats what I feared currently. The other markets have been on my radar, but yet to talk with experienced Investors that are in those areas. Do you have any experience in those particular markets? If not where so?

Thanks Mike, -Stetson Giralmo

All of my activity is in Arizona and Texas at this point. I've studied the other areas in passing and I've seen people on BP say that in some of the cities you have to know the investing block by block. Some places are decent and others are dangerous. I'm a bit too busy right now, but if things slowed down I'd check them out.