Recommendation for new real estate agent, Traditional vs Redfin

Recommendation for new real estate agent, Traditional vs Redfin

Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes

I recently received my TX real estate agent license.  I have a regular 9-5 job and am looking for part-time agent sponsorship recommendations in Dallas TX area. I am also considering to work as an Associate Agent for Redfin. PROS: I wont have to pay costs to hang my license, provides me a flexible schedule, I get paid per showing and get a 1099. CONS: I can't use my license to do real estate transactions. 

Here is my dilemma, I am also in the Market for buying my own home, I am hoping I can use my license to submit the offer. Will Redfin allow their Associate Agent to do that? 

Thank y'all in advance! 

0Reply
9 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Do you want to be your own boss and own your own business, or work as an employee?   To me it is a huge difference.   

    Some people want a paycheck and need that paycheck.  The bonus is you will get to see a ton of property, so you can learn neighborhoods and quality and price/quality perhaps pretty fast while being paid to do that.  Not sure how divided up the work is there.  You may just meet buyers at showings for the 1st year or 2years and not write or negotiate contracts, not get familiar with listing process, etc, until further into your career.

    If you're starting your own business....then hopefully you get experienced in all those areas quickly, but on your own.   You need to be an expert at lead generation and put that into your practice to get business.

    Each has it's strengths and weaknesses.

    You'd have to ask each broker what they allow as far as you representing yourself in buying a new home.  Each is different and has different policies.  For example my brokerage wants you to sell one or two first before you do your own purchase.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.