Closing on new property

6 Replies

I’ve just closing on another property and found a tenant for one of my other properties.  I can’t wait to get rid of 9-5 corporate world, become a full time self RE guru. How was/is your experience so far in this hot demanding market? 

Renters are much easier to find, however, just as everyone else, we're all getting vastly outbid on anything on the MLS. I've found some success finding sellers off market but haven't close on anything off market yet. On the property you just closed on, did you find it off market and if so how did you find them?

Landon- I’ve found this piece through an agent I’ve been working with for many years.  I have tried searching for off-market listings but it’s personally challenging for me from the frequent demand for time to connect with potential sellers.  Many are hesitant with cash buyers/etc.  Are you predominantly working out of OH or/and Out of state? 

Only in OH as I'm solely focusing on building cashflow for now.  Once I have enough built up cashflow I'll focus on markets that appreciate as there's hardly, if any, appreciation here!

congrats! im waiting to close on my 2nd rental. I have been trying to get my 3rd one, but inventory is so low! I have been working with a few turnkey companies to no avail. Now I am browsing the MLS, but still no luck.

Originally posted by @Joseph Vu :

congrats! im waiting to close on my 2nd rental. I have been trying to get my 3rd one, but inventory is so low! I have been working with a few turnkey companies to no avail. Now I am browsing the MLS, but still no luck.

Thank you.  And congrats to you as well! You should look into out-of-state as most people in RE are doing the same.

Congratulations !! That's the dream. Make sure you get all your bases covered before leaving your W2. Health insurance and loan approvals from banks are 2 of the most important benefits of investing with your W2