• San Diego/Chicago
Votes |
Title Company Requirments in Chicago for a Selling a Flip

Noah Lomax
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Diego/Chicago
Posted Jun 18 2021, 12:00

Hey BP'ers,

My partner and I are selling our first Flip in Chicago. We used a Fix/Flip loan to finance. The requirements to do so included in-person inspections before each draw, and a lien release after the final draw. Now that we are under contract, the title company sent us a list of the following requirements to clear construction:

Owner’s Sworn Statement reflec/ng the names of the contracts let by them including the general contractor, contract amounts, all amounts previously paid and zero balances due. If the Owner and the General Contractor are the same en/ty then we will only require a General Contractor’s Sworn Statement.

1. - General Contractor’s Sworn Statement reflec/ng all the names of the contractors/sub-contractors and/or material suppliers, contract amounts, all amounts previously paid and zero balances due. Final Lien Waivers from the contractor, subcontractors and material suppliers as listed on the Sworn Contractor’s Statement
  2. - Paid receipts for materials purchased
  3. - Personal Undertaking signed by the Owner
  4. - Personal Undertaking signed by the General Contractor unless the Owner and General are the same en/ty. Then only sign the Owner Personal Undertaking.
  5. - Waiver Exam Fee of $350.00 minimum depending on the amount of work involved

Aside from likely not even being able to get every receipt, the requiremetns and the fee seem extremely excessive. I don't want to frustrate my contractor (who was awesome) with a bunch of paper work and chasing receipts. 

Are all of these normal/mandatory in Chicago or should I look at another title company?

Thanks,

Noah

Loading replies...