Skip to content
Buying & Selling Real Estate

User Stats

Votes

Newer investor…what would you do?

Posted Jun 23 2021, 09:58

I'm about to be in the process of refinancing multiple properties due to a recent divorce. I'm planning on taking out a HELOC, as well as pulling out the equity from the other properties. I have a very high paying side hustle, I'm a homeschool mom, and don't have the time to find my own deals. I own 3 short term rentals in the panhandle of Florida as well as a small mobile home park. They all cash flow very well. I live in Texas, but I frequently fly back-and-forth to Florida to keep an eye on my properties. I don't know a lot about buying from wholesalers, and I'm not super confident that I know how to run the numbers to make sure I'm getting a good deal. I learn fast, but I really can't take on a lot of added stresses at the moment but I need to put this capital to work. What would you suggest in my situation? Investing in a syndication? Becoming a lender? Sell a property or two since the market is so high? Staying in my wheelhouse of short term rentals because that's what I'm comfortable with? Am I able to "sit on this money" until I find an investment without penalties from taxes? How do I go about finding a good wholesaler in the area I'm looking at? what resources\books would you recommend that would explain the basics and what I need to know? The properties I have now were all acquired the traditional route with a realtor on MLS. I hope this makes sense, as I'm sure there are other single moms on here and/or new investors that still have full-time jobs and busy schedules.

Loading replies...