Back on the market after borrower failed. Strategies?

Back on the market after borrower failed. Strategies?

Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 15 posts · 9 votes

I bought a note on a house in Wisconsin some time ago and took the house back in foreclosure with an inherited tenant. When the tenant left, I posted it on Facebook marketplace in June for cheap and got a lot of action, eventually settling on a guy who had a construction company who was going to fix and flip. Alas, it fell out of escrow when he couldn't get qualified (I was owner financing). 

Any suggestions on where to post this deal? Facebook buyers, while there's plenty of them, don't seem to understand the part in my marketplace ad where I say it's a "fixer." I've left plenty of room for a rehabber. This isn't going to be a retail deal, so an agent is probably not my best option. By the way, I'm in Phoenix, so I'm working on this from afar.

0Reply
58 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
5y

Biggerpockets marketplace! List that bad boy there. Get it in front of investors.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · South Lake Tahoe, CA · Member since 2016 · 681 posts · 644 votes
    5y

    @Nancy Conrad

    An agent can list a fixer upper just as easily as they can list a turnkey property. That would put it in the MLS and syndicate it to all the public facing website to get you the most eyes possible on it. They can very clearly state in the public comments that this is cash only deal if that is the case. We have these types of properties go through our MLS all the time and they usually sell quickly.

  • Realtor · Racine, WI · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 9 votes
    5y

    Where in Wisconsin is this property located might I ask? I am a realtor and investor from the South Eastern Wisconsin area, and have had luck with facebook specifically in the investor groups (there are a few to post in depending on which area you are in). This way you are in front of the market looking for this type of property directly. Otherwise as Dustin mentioned above a realtor might not be a bad idea either to get in front of the most eyes possible and get a deal done in the most time efficient way. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM! 

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    5y

    Biggerpockets marketplace! List that bad boy there. Get it in front of investors.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    You will Net the most with it on your local mls.....All the local flippers/investors will have access to it there. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    5y

    I agree list on mls  "as-is ", cash only , allow maybe 1 week to submit best and final offers ( access to property would be need )

    If not metromls :  post on Biggerpockets marketplace without the address 

    Simply provide county , zip code, description of property , pics ( if possible ) , and etc

    Disclosure : I'm a local realtor 

  • Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 159 posts · 59 votes
    5y

    @Nancy Conrad you can easily list a house on zillow yourself if you want to try that first :) 

  • Owen DashnerPro Member
    Lender · Omaha, NE · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    List it on the MLS with this in the description, "Property to be sold as-is. Inspections are for buyer's information only, no repairs or reports to seller.". That will get you off the hook for inspection reports and having a buyer stick you with a bunch of repairs that you didn't know about.

    No reason to not list it in this market.  We do this with all of our wholetail/as-is deals.  If priced correctly, you should still get multiple offers.  Every investor in the market is looking for deals right now.

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2009 · 15 posts · 9 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Jason Runkel:

    Where in Wisconsin is this property located might I ask? I am a realtor and investor from the South Eastern Wisconsin area, and have had luck with facebook specifically in the investor groups (there are a few to post in depending on which area you are in). This way you are in front of the market looking for this type of property directly. Otherwise as Dustin mentioned above a realtor might not be a bad idea either to get in front of the most eyes possible and get a deal done in the most time efficient way. If you need any help or have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM! 

    All good points. This property is in Juneau County. If it doesn't get picked up direct through one of our FB groups for investors, I'll probably list it as an as-is fixer.

  • Rental Property Investor · Waupaca, WI · Member since 2018 · 91 posts · 30 votes
    5y

    Hi @Nancy Conrad,

    I'm an agent and investor in Central WI, about an hour from Juneau County, feel free to reach out if you have questions about a list price or you'd like to list it on the MLS!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.