Found loan timing of 2 years -- how to play?

Found loan timing of 2 years -- how to play?

Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi all, I've received an offer for hard money (% to be discussed) but the lender has told me he likes all loans "turned around in two years." There's a lot to talk out still but I'm initially trying to determine if this would even be an option and absent a BRRR, I don't see it. For example:

Property 1

PP: 330,000

DP Loan 20%: 71,400

Rents: 2,600 total

Expenses: 2,197

Cashflow: 402/month

---

Taking as an example and cash flowing $402 a month, even if I used all cash flow to only pay off DP loan of $71,400, I'd only get to $9,648 in two years. I'm thinking I must be viewing this wrong and what are other ways to pay back a DP loan in 24 months? I imagine a BRRR. Anything else?

0Reply
21 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Hanover Twp, PA · Member since 2018 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    Hard money loans are meant to be short term. So, you would not expect to pay it off using only cash-flow. You either refinance like a BRRRR or you sell like a flip to pay it off.

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    If the property is already ready to go, then a BRRR is not a likely solution. I am going to guess you are unable to get traditional financing, which is why you are going the hard money route. There are several companies out there that will do loans for up to 5 years and even for 20 to 30 years, which could be a better fit for your circumstances.

  • Scott WolfPro Member
    Lender · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 956 votes
    5y

    @Naomi Alzate, are you getting a loan for the downpayment from the hard money lender?  If so, who is financing the rest of the loan?  A traditional bank may not fund a deal with a capital structure like that.

  • Lender · Chicago, IL · Member since 2021 · 424 posts · 145 votes
    5y

    Big question would be what equity position you have after you close.

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    I’m pretty sure your HM lender isn’t going going to lend you the entire DP money, which would be in 2nd position. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.