checking property tax based off address or parcel #?

7 Replies

Anyway to check the property tax rate and any other taxes associated with an address, without running title?

thank you

For me I can pull it from the Office of Finance.  I just have to put in the address and something like this comes up.  Would yours be found here (under how much are my taxes)?  http://lacountypropertytax.com/portal/contactus/paymentinfo.aspx

CONDO:PLATPHASEBLDGUNIT
SUBNAME:DECATUR HEIGHTS- ALIBER/FOLIO: 05330/373
SECTION:LATEST DEED: 11/03/1980
LOT:
LAND:45,100.00
BLOCK:
IMPS:116,100.00
ACREAGE:5914.000 FASSESSMENT:161,200.00
OCCUPANCY:PRINCIPAL RESIDENCE
TAX DESCRIPTION:TAX/CHARGE:
COUNTY PROPERTY TAX1,344.41
STATE OF MARYLAND180.54
PARK & PLANNING449.75
STORMWATER/CHESAPEAKE BAY WATER QUALITY87.05
WASHINGTON SUBURBAN TRANSIT COMMISSION41.91
TOWN LEVY1,192.88
OTHER MUNICIPAL CHARGES0.00
FRONT FOOT0.00
SOLID WASTE SERVICE CHARGE82.21
CLEAN WATER ACT FEE41.48
SPECIAL AREA0.00
LIENS0.00
OTHER TAXES/FEES0.00
LESS HOMEOWNERS TAX CREDIT0.00
LESS HOMESTEAD TAX CREDIT- 123.34
LESS DISCOUNT CREDIT0.00
TOTAL3,296.89
PAYMENT RECEIVED12/11/2013INT/PEN0.003,296.89
REFUND DATEREFUND AMOUNT0.00

thanks @Derek Tyler i was actually wondering if a national database, for properties outside of CA

Sorry the format didn't come across but hopefully that helped.

Why not just call the Assessor or Tax Collectors office? 

Pretty sure you have to go to the particular county site for the property. Just google "real property records whatsitcalled county" or "whatsitcalled county assessor". It's usually easily found. Most have online search features these days, but some more rural counties have yet to add that so those you'd have to call. 

Most available online...check with the tax accessor..

Sometimes addresses can be different on the assessors website from the address you are provided. The best way to make sure that you are getting the proper information on exactly what you're looking for is to look the property address up on the GIS mapping system for your particular county. This way it highlights the parcel and you can verify that the address, parcel number and physical location all coincide. This will get you the proper information you need for the property at question as well as other great information in the property. I usually like to call the tax collector too. They can tell you if the taxes are current on the property, meaning have all taxes been paid for prior years. They can also often tell you the upcoming tax rate for the property so that you can better predict your tax liability for the upcoming year.