How to get exclusive right to sell without a broker's license?

How to get exclusive right to sell without a broker's license?

Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes

Hello Fellow BP members!

I've been approached by someone to sell a commercial property, I already have an interested buyer......the only problem is, I don't have a broker's license.  Is there anyway to get an exclusive right to sell contract without having a broker's license?

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Katie

0Reply
18 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    No, you have no interest in the property. Obtain an interest and sell your interest, not the property. :)

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thanks for the advice! Is there a contract you recommend for that? I just want to make sure I'm protected if I introduce the 2 parties. 

  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    12y

    You don't want to be practicing real estate without  a license.

    You get the property under contract at a certain price in your name. You then can assign the rights to your contract to the buyer at a higher price.

    You can also have consulting fees etc. in commercial as it doesn't fall under RESPA and what you can do is more lenient. You need to get an attorney for  a consult at least to see what's possible in your area and the proper ways you can set things up.

    You can get them to sign a NCND and all of that but they still might try to cut you out. This is why you need to control the property with a strong contract and assign your rights.

    No legal advice.

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the info! Reaching out to an attorney now!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.