What do you look for in a CRE investment property?

4 Replies

Hi everyone!

My name is Alex Luciano from Orlando. I'm a new(er) CRE agent in a small firm and had some questions for investors and/or CRE agents that work with investors.

I'm searching for my niche and have been doing a few different things. One of my associates and I would like to team up and work on investment properties. Retail centers, perhaps10k-30k, and smaller multi-family properties, maybe 100 units or less. 

My questions are the following. What do you look for in a CRE agent? What are your main questions to them when they call you about a property? And how often do you get cold called on about available properties?

My mission is to find local investors whom I can team up with so I'd like to learn how to think like them and find them where they're at.

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Alex Luciano

McNulty Group Inc.

The cold calling never stops.  I do appreciate when an agent has an excellent deal for me or a buyer for one of my properties.  I don't like calls that are just fishing for information without the agent having done some homework.

I can honestly say that when I call a seller I have buyers with deep pockets. Some over 100 million. These are pre-screened buyers I have a personal relationship with for capability and experience.

If you are calling a seller just being a newbie they might entertain you if they are having a good day for a few minutes on the phone.

Most sellers are experienced and know if you are established and have a network when you contact them.

Having said all of this Alex you just have to get out there and make things happen. I am about 11 years in and had to put in my time to get where I am today.

Originally posted by @Steve Olafson :

The cold calling never stops.  I do appreciate when an agent has an excellent deal for me or a buyer for one of my properties.  I don't like calls that are just fishing for information without the agent having done some homework.

Thanks Steve! I try to provide the seller/buyer with some valuable info whenever I call but as a new guy they can probably tell me much more! Haha!

1 strategy brokers use to cold call is they look at recent sales and contact the buyers and offer up their own properties or services. not sure if this is a successful tactic, but it's quite popular

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.