down-payment for loans over 3 Million

3 Replies

@Sal H.

$600,000 (if 20% down required) or $750,000 (if 25% required). Banks also  can require about 10% of cash reserve...all depends on how strong the deal is. Bank wants to make sure if something goes wrong, your able to back up property aka service the loan.

I tend to see more of the 25% down now....Also keep in mind, at closing you will be given credits/prorations for security deposits and taxes...That will cut down on the required cash at closing... on 30 units, maybe you'd get a tenant security deposit credit for say $25-30,000 (just a guesstimate for this asset, 100k a door its a lot so NOI must good (hopefully, assuming its a good deal) as well as location/condition of building)

And taxes are hard to estimate..But it prob will be another decent act of $ prorations.

On my last deal, I was required to put 20% down & it ended up being about 16% of liquid cash I had to pay at closing due to credits/prorations. 

Hi Sal,

Depends on the debt service coverage ratio. This ratio is the primary ratio banks use to determine the amount of debt a building can support. If you have recent historical income & expense data I can show you how to calculate.

Promotion
Sharestates
America's Private Lender
Receive Fix and Flip Funding Approval In As Little As 24 Hours!
Sharestates helps developers and brokers secure funding quickly with the most competitive terms.
Get Funded