Votes
Coco W.
  • Joplin, MO
Votes |
Frustration doing cash out refi with Lima One

Coco W.
  • Joplin, MO
Posted Oct 19 2017, 06:50
I need some advice and pointers, I'm very close to closing a cash out refi deal but am really frustrated at the unknown additional costs that keeps coming. Is it normal for a lender to do this without prior disclosure? So far I have paid out of pocket for condo certificates x2, $1500, appraisal x2 $500, second appraisal because the first one came back too high $550, now there's repair items (window paint, ceiling paint, screen door) and there will be another inspection afterwards before closing. This process has so far taken 4 months, the properties are in Orlando and has had stable rent for a few years. The closing cost will take another 5k included in the loan, my total loan cost is a lot higher than I had expected, interest rate is OK, I opted for the 5/1 arms @ 5% range, but with prepayment penalty the first 5 years, and it is a recourse loan at only 65% ltv. I feel like there has to be something better out there. Has anyone dealt with them before? Feedbacks? Or pointers to other hard money or private lenders? My sole income is from rentals, so far I have not qualified for any traditional loans.

Loading replies...