Free commercial real estate marketing sites for leasing

4 Replies

Can anyone recommend some good, free alternatives to paid sites like Loopnet, Costar, Cityfeet for marketing office spaces for lease? I have several buildings and units and they're currently listed on craigslist and commercialsearch. I would appreciate learning of other good resources (free sites, listservs, etc.). All properties are situated around Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. and I am not a realtor, so I don't have access to the MLS. Thank you.

@Aubrey P. , Most commercial spaces in DC are listed with a Broker on CoStar and Loopnet.  Commercial brokers representing a tenant will most likely not check Craigslist or any other free site.  CoStar essentially has a monopoly on commercial listings and by not listing your property on CoStar, you are essentially missing on a large % of potential renters.  

Originally posted by @Dan Bernstein :

@Aubrey P., Most commercial spaces in DC are listed with a Broker on CoStar and Loopnet.  Commercial brokers representing a tenant will most likely not check Craigslist or any other free site.  CoStar essentially has a monopoly on commercial listings and by not listing your property on CoStar, you are essentially missing on a large % of potential renters.  

Thanks, Dan. I have a free Loopnet membership, but am loathe to spend money for the upgraded features and increased visibility.It seems they have a virtual monopoly. I've had luck in the past with craigslist, however, either its the season or other factors at play, but I've not had any hits recently. 

I haven't reached out to a commercial landlord agent, as I'd like to list the properties myself to save on fees, but perhaps that's the best route to go. I'd really like to find a small boutique Government relations or law firm to lease the spaces. 

@Aubrey P. You could be leaving a lot of money on the table if you are incorrectly valuing the price per sqft of your buidlings.  Costar has incredible data and analytics.  PM me with more details, we might have someone for the space depending on the location.

In fact to add onto Dans thoughts....much commercial space never even hits costar or loopnet. Thry are just matching up 2 of their own clients, or making a fee calls to other brokers. The properties never end up being advertised in a public arena.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here