Small medical office building

5 Replies


I am residential real estate investor, and i usually use flat fee MLS listing service provider to list my residential properties. However, i have a small medical office building (around 1242 sqft). I would like to lease/sale this small medical office building. I am not sure that whether i can use flat fee MLS listing service provider to list my medical office building, or should i hire commercial real estate broker? And how much doi have to pay for commercial real estate broker for lease/sale my property?



You can call co-star and they will list it for you for free.  Make sure you incentivise the brokers.  I've given free vacations, several thousand dollars etc to someone who brings me a buyer/tenant.

Is it lease or sale? BIG DIFFERENCE.

1,242 sq ft is small.

Really not much money to a commercial broker. Maybe a tenant rep broker might take that on for residual income but regular transaction brokers typically won't touch it as the deal is too small.

A commercial broker working on 100k commission deals doesn't want to work on a 10k to 15k deal. A leasing broker might see that as more fruitful to them for their time.

Ash Patel: Thanks. I will contact co-star.

Joel Owens: I want to either lease or sale. What do you think is the best option for me? Should i post it on loopnet?

You can list it for both for free on co-star.

In my area, commercial properties are listed on the same MLS as residential properties - just under a different property type. In that case, any flat fee MLS company should be able to list commercial properties as well.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here