SEO for Commercial Real Estate Investing Website

8 Replies

I optimize pages on my spare time. Basically what you do is the following:

1. Keyword Research - Pick the keywords relevant to your niche that'll bring in money
2. Embed those keywords everywhere without spamming your site. Your site has to be readable. The most important places you need to cover are the title of the page, the description, the H1,H2 tags, picture titles/alt.
3. Get an SEO plugin such as yoast SEO so that you can make your site friendly to facebook and twitter. This is where you also add the title/description of the page. SEO all pages.  
4. Content is king. You have to have a blog and post articles on a regular basis. The landing page is your most important page. Some people hire copy writers to create a page that converts visitors into paying clients.
5. Add your site to google and bing. Don't forget to index your sitemap and robots file.
6. Get links. This is the most time consuming task. A lot of people post articles on ezines and other places. The websites where you post articles have to have a high ranking or they're considered spam by google.

Now, SEO is not cheap. I always charge minimum $4000 for a client where the competition is not high. You're probably going to spend a lot more than that since Real Estate is very competitive.

my 2 cents.

Originally posted by @Miguel G. :

1. Keyword Research - Pick the keywords relevant to your niche that'll bring in money
2. Embed those keywords everywhere without spamming your site. Your site has to be readable. The most important places you need to cover are the title of the page, the description, the H1,H2 tags, picture titles/alt.
3. Get an SEO plugin such as yoast SEO so that you can make your site friendly to facebook and twitter. This is where you also add the title/description of the page. SEO all pages.  
4. Content is king. You have to have a blog and post articles on a regular basis. The landing page is your most important page. Some people hire copy writers to create a page that converts visitors into paying clients.
5. Add your site to google and bing. Don't forget to index your sitemap and robots file.
6. Get links. This is the most time consuming task. A lot of people post articles on ezines and other places. The websites where you post articles have to have a high ranking or they're considered spam by google.

Now, SEO is not cheap. I always charge minimum $4000 for a client where the competition is not high. You're probably going to spend a lot more than that since Real Estate is very competitive.

my 2 cents.

In a competitive niche how far are you going to get with this though. I've done some work for a local investor and it seems very hard to compete without AdWords.

The "quality" of your site impacts where it appears in searches. Little things like load time of your landing page add add up to where your site ranks. 

It takes a lot of effort. 

Originally posted by @Brad Carrier :
Originally posted by @Miguel G.:

my 2 cents.

In a competitive niche how far are you going to get with this though. I've done some work for a local investor and it seems very hard to compete without AdWords.

You're asking the right question. In my opinion SEO is the best long term strategy. Consider this:

If you want to attract a specific audience I recommend getting a book ghost written that strikes at the heart of answering everything that audience wants most and add content on each chapter related to what you do and how working with you is the solution for what they want. Definitely give them incredible value that's exactly what they want.

Scrape tens of thousands of investor phone numbers and import those as highly targeted FB ads offering free book in exchange for their email. Email auto responder sends value out regularly to them for what they want most to cultivate long term relationship.

Direct each email to a specific seo optimized page. Use squirrly and text tools to optimize on page, do quality no follow commenting links on disqus and gravatar with your domain email to set yourself up with Google immunity and then after FB promoting those links built out strong links to boost those pages up in the search results. Go after untargeted low competition keywords first before any hard ones and build momentum from there. 

You're welcome,