• Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
Hotel Investing - Multi Purpose Commercial RE

Annie Irizari
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Albuquerque, NM
Posted May 10 2019, 07:56

Hi everyone,

Are there any webinars on Hotel-Tourism-Retail/Multi Purpose Commercial RE investing. I'd like this to be part of my business portfolio along with MF Multipurpose Rental (Retail, apartments, storage combo). I am going from SF to go big on MF and Commercial. I've made contact with someone in NM who's focus is Hotel-Tourism-Retail who got local funding support of over $2mil in Silver City. It's a different type of analysis that goes into this and I continue to learn - ADR/Avg Daily Rate vs ARV-After repair value, RevPAR vs. per door $. I'm thinking I can translate what I know off SF/MF analysis over Hotel, but I'm sure there's more to it. I'm interested in connecting with anyone out there to help each other out - collaborate to exchange ideas, brainstorm...Thoughts? and Thanks from Albuquerque Annie

User Stats

Votes
Greg Dickerson#2 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Developer
  • Charlottesville, VA
Votes |
Greg Dickerson#2 Land & New Construction Contributor
  • Developer
  • Charlottesville, VA
Replied May 10 2019, 08:09

@Annie Irizari I am working on several hotel developments currently. Yes it is a whole different language and set of metrics than any other asset class. It’s a much different business model and financial model as well. You really need to know how to drill down on operation costs for all the different types of hotels like resort hotels, full-service upscale, midscale, select service, economy etc.

Hotels have great margins and flexibility since you can adjust rates daily but you really need to know the business intimately.

I would be happy to discuss anytime.

User Stats

Votes
Annie Irizari
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Albuquerque, NM
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Albuquerque, NM
Replied May 10 2019, 08:26

That's great Greg. Can I reach out to you  next week? Say Monday afternoon after 12pm MST/2pm EST. Thank you.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Ronald Rohde
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 Commercial Real Estate Investing Contributor
  • Attorney
  • Dallas, TX
Replied May 13 2019, 08:59

Your leases and other legal documents become much more important with larger deals. Be sure to read and understand everything or hire someone who does.