Self Storage Attorney Referral

5 Replies

My regular real estate atty is great but suggested I find a CRE atty with self storage experience to work through the PSA on a bigger deal I'm doing. Anyone have any good referrals? I'm in NC but I'm open to working with anyone who can give good advice on self storage purchase/sale agreements. Thanks...

Yes, you really should find an attorney that specializes in Self-Storage, AND practices law in North Carolina.  I would reach out to and or join the NC Self Storage Association.  Usually, there will be an attorney on the board.  At the very least, the president and/or staff can refer you to an attorney that does a lot of work with its members.  Sorry, I know you wanted a referral, but we haven't bought/developed in North Carolina just yet.  

Promotion
BiggerPockets
The one-stop-shop for REI
Find Local Home Improvement Pros!
Check out our network of trusted, local contractors for all of your home improvement projects.
Find a Contractor

@Sean Graham

What location in Pennsylvania? Also what's the approximate size of the deal? I have a few attorney contacts that have worked on self storage deals. But they are mostly regional. 

Disclaimer: While I’m an attorney licensed to practice in PA, I’m not your attorney. What I wrote above does not create an attorney/client relationship between us. I wrote the above for informational purposes. Do not rely on it for legal advice. Always consult with your attorney before you rely on the above information.