Monument sign rent vs flat fee

1 Reply

We just purchased a new commercial multi tenant office building. We are putting up a large back lit LED monument sign on the building to gain visibility on a very busy street out front. We have 8 available slots for tenant names, but the building can have approx 16-18 tenants when full. My plan is to have sign rent be an additional $50/month.

For background info: Our tenants are paying approx $11/sqft/yr gross leases now which should be at $13.5 as we sign new tenants. A new name plaque cost approx $350 to make and install.

Curious what other people do to handle situations like this.

Originally posted by @Jeff Stein :

We just purchased a new commercial multi tenant office building. We are putting up a large back lit LED monument sign on the building to gain visibility on a very busy street out front. We have 8 available slots for tenant names, but the building can have approx 16-18 tenants when full. My plan is to have sign rent be an additional $50/month.

For background info: Our tenants are paying approx $11/sqft/yr gross leases now which should be at $13.5 as we sign new tenants. A new name plaque cost approx $350 to make and install.

Curious what other people do to handle situations like this.

Signage is usually included in the rent. Some centers and spaces do pass along the cost of making and installing plaques on monuments but I do not know anyone charging extra to be on it and have not heard of that in my areas.