Commercial Build Cost Estimates

3 Replies

I am looking for any insight into commercial and multifamily build costs outside of Minneapolis, MN. I have two separate commercially zoned lots that I would like to develop (one retail or other commercial, one multifamily). I am interested in connecting with possible partners or people with experience who might advise on building costs and potential pitfalls. Thanks in advance!

@Mike Ritz in the last couple months lumber has gone up 30% on our project. City permits, watershed permits, county permits, everyone has their hand out. For a 2.5 million build we have 60k in engineering, 90k in architect fees, 100k in city permits, and 20k in other non building costs.

Originally posted by @Mike Ritz :

I am looking for any insight into commercial and multifamily build costs outside of Minneapolis, MN. I have two separate commercially zoned lots that I would like to develop (one retail or other commercial, one multifamily). I am interested in connecting with possible partners or people with experience who might advise on building costs and potential pitfalls. Thanks in advance!

There are a lot of variables involved to be able to answer this question. Your site and requirements, location, type of construction, level of finishes etc. The best thing to do would be to contact some local general contractors that are building a type of project do you want to build and get current cost information from them. You are going to need some idea of what it is you want to build first before reaching out.