Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Bob M.
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Anyone have experience with Red Star Mortgage?

Bob M.
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Mar 24 2021, 13:10

Hi-

Just checking if anyone has experience with a commercial lender called Red Star Mortgage? Found them while looking for a blanket cash out mortgage option for about 10-12 single family rentals I own. Talked to a guy there offering commercial 75% LTV 10 year term, 30 year am, rates around 5%, no seasoning requirement, individual property values they go as low as $40k but minimum $500k loan amount. 1.2 DSCR

Seems good on paper if you have a lot of relatively lower value properties with equity like I do, but they don't have much of a presence online so figured I would check here.

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Cason Acor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Replied Mar 24 2021, 14:19

I don't typically deal with blanket loans and don't have any experience with Red Star Mortgage specially. But generally speaking, 5% seems pretty high. Also, the terms this guy quoted you are all better than the terms Red Star has advertised on their website. They very well might be able to get you what you were quoted, but I would double down and make sure you have a clear understanding of the potential terms before committing to credit pulls and term sheets.

User Stats

Votes
Bob M.
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Saint Louis, MO
Replied Mar 25 2021, 14:32

Thanks @Cason Acor, terms seem pretty good to me, 5% is close to what some other non-conventional commercial brokers have quoted for SF blankets.  Just looking for someone with experience with this actual company.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Joshua Gonzalez
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Apr 5 2021, 18:34

Hey Bob, I have done a number of portfolio or blanket loans and can get rates lower than Red Star. Let's connect and go over the specific details and I can price it out for you. Contact me josh-AT-ambbanking.com

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 23 2021, 22:30

Bob, have you end up using Red Star Mortgage to finance your properties? How do you like it? 

User Stats

Votes
Seth Bryan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Perkasie, PA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Perkasie, PA
Replied May 31 2023, 07:32

Just following up on this post. I was looking into Red Star Mortgage for a 30yr fixed commercial loan and I'm having trouble finding reviews or feedback from people who have used them. Bob did you use them or go with someone else?