Skip to content
Commercial Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Fang
  • New to Real Estate
Votes |
New to real estate. Looking at 6unit property as first buy.

Daniel Fang
  • New to Real Estate
Posted Jun 10 2021, 22:16

Hi! I have been listening to the BP podcast for months. First time forums post. I have been (very) actively looking for a good deal on a 2/3/4plex home to househack. I'm watching an auction on a (fully leased) 6unit property and I want to be prepared to purchase it if it ends at a good price. First time looking into CRE. I've read and listened to podcasts for 10 days now and I have more questions than I started with.

- What's the best avenue for commercial lending? I got turned away by Bank of America today pretty quickly because they said "we don't work with businesses unless you've been doing this for a while." I'm looking to borrow about 50% of my target sale price. The options of agency, credit union, etc., are kind of overwhelming.

- Should I get an LLC for this kind of deal? Is it necessary/advantageous for securing a commercial real estate loan?

- If I sell a good portion of my money in stocks to pay for the property, are there any immediate CRE write-offs to balance the capital gains tax (how does depreciation factor in?)?

- Although it's fully leased, would there be a benefit to me owner occupying one of the units of this CRE property (I do want to live in that city)? In a BP podcast I heard of paying an existing tenant to move out, for an owner-occupant residential deal.. that win-win sounded nice.

Thank you all in advance. Reading these forum posts makes me realize there's an infinite amount of things to learn!!

Loading replies...