• Investor
  • Taylorsville, KY
Votes |
Previous owners - foreclosures

Chris Dengel
  • Investor
  • Taylorsville, KY
Posted Nov 27 2013, 18:52

I recently inspected a foreclosure to buy and hold. With the help of the new, and pretty awesome, BiggerPockets investment calculators and my own due diligence, I would like to continue with the contract. Here's the thing.

The place is loaded with junk. Lets just "pretend" the property sold at the courthouse stairs "Monday". I talked to the neighbors today and asked some simple questions like, septic or sewer, was anyone hanged or murdered here, when is the last time you saw the previous owners. Their reply was "the day before yesterday("Tuesday"), they were getting stuff out."

I am not sure what to think, and its not really any of my business because I don't own the property, but what legal right do the previous owners have to go in a house they just were kicked out of, and what are the things I can do to make sure I get the property that I looked at and am going to make an offer on "Wednesday".

This will be my second buy and hold. I could use the advice of a seasoned investor. Any and all(most) comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance---Chris.

Loading replies...