• Charlotte, NC
Votes |
Legally Purchasing an Auction

Jasmine S.
  • Investor
  • Charlotte, NC
Posted May 23 2014, 15:41

Hi BP family!
Firstly thanks to all of you for always providing such awesome feedback here on the forums you have truly been a wealth of knowledge to a self proclaimed "Newbie!"

Now then, on to the meat and potatoes of the thing. My great-grandmother passed away a few years ago leaving behind her estate to her children legally known as the "Wiley heirs" (Wiley was her last name). It now appears that the executor of her estate (my great uncle) has not be able appropriately managing the expenses left behind after her passing and her home will soon be sold off at an auction.

My mother (granddaughter of the deceased) is interested in purchasing the house at the auction knowing that she will likely be able secure the home for well under market value and may have a wonderful first flip opportunity with the purchase. I just want to make sure that legally my mother can indeed purchase the home at the auction in that she is a relative of the deceased and the property executor but is not one of the named heirs nor an heir to the current estate executor. We live in North Carolina by the way (not sure if the laws surrounding this sort of thing vary from state to state).

Thanks in advance for your feedback and if I haven't clearly presented the situation please let me know and I will do my very best to clarify.

Loading replies...