Skip to content
Foreclosures

User Stats

Votes
Richard W.
  • Property Manager
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
I made a newbie mistake, WORST possible, bought a 2nd! Advice please.

Richard W.
  • Property Manager
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Jun 24 2014, 07:35

Like the title says, after months of research, I felt reasonably confident to buy my first foreclosure at an online county auction. I'm not an investor, this was for my family and I to live in.

I ended up paying full sticker for the 2nd thinking it was a 1st ($110K). The auction went that high because there were about 7-8 other bidders in it.

1st has a statement of claim of almost $700k for a house that just appraised for $420k. When my attorney contacted their attorney to pursue a cash offer, they wanted full settlement.

My attorney, who has been handling my business affairs for years, was aghast at what I did and said I should've just stuck to business rather than real estaate. needless to say, I became physically sick because of the stupidity of my actions.

Please, I'm not looking for bashing, just simple advice from the pros whether there is anyting I can do.

The 1st is in forclousre, house is vacant and I have title. My wife and I still want the house, but don't want to pay double the market value.

Thank you in advance.

Loading replies...