Met someone who takes photos for preservation companies. She sent over a lead today.

4 Replies

She will be able to enter the house to take pictures soon.  

My question:

Is this a good connection to have made?   

Is she legally able to share photos and her opinion on the condition of the property before the foreclosure auction? 

She travels 300 miles a day taking photos of foreclosures and pre-foreclosures. 

What would be the best way to leverage this relationship? 

We are in Texas. 

@Josh P.  she is prob breaking her contract by sharing with you. Most foreclosures in the fine print you agree you don't have a working relationship with anyone in the p&P (property preservation) business. People do it all the time but just my .02 cents

Thanks Jeremy. 

@Josh Farrer I would be very carful here Josh. I own a preservation firm that works directly with banks, the gse's and HUD. She is not only breaching her contract with the preservation company she may be breaking privacy laws as well. Ive heard of inspectors being prosecuted for selling this type of info. Again I would advise you to be very careful with this type of a relationship.

Thanks Brian, 

What I was thinking is that I would take her leads and then find the houses again through other channels, never mentioning her name or company to any bank or owner. 

I would like to have a conversation with the owners of some of these properties before they go back to the bank if at all possible, but I'm not sure how I would go about that without disclosing how I found out they were in distress. 

She actually found me another lead today and it would appear to meet most of my criteria, but I certainly don't want her to get into trouble or run afoul of any regs. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.